Abandon "Default Desktop"

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue May 5 00:00:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 14:31 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> A person already makes a choice (a very big and "radical" one) when he
>> decides to use Linux. A second choice is made by deciding on Fedora.
>> Why should we enforce that these were the last choices he makes?
>
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/uibook/chapters/fog0000000059.html

Nope, that text doesn't have any scientific value. It contains
variations of "Nobody cares", "Nobody wants..." without backup. I
neither have met this Nobody person, nor do I care what he wants more
than I care for any other user in the pool. In fact, I know more
people who care about certain design choices than who don't. Moreover,
the text tends to confuse bad design with customizability (although it
tries hard not to).

Try again.

Orcan