Moblin 2 and Fedora

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 5 18:45:26 UTC 2009

On 05/05/2009 01:22 AM, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> it's not very useful if the various upstream maintainers say that they
> won't accept it no matter what... at that point... yes people stop
> working on it.

Intel is the largest contributor to Xorg and only one ahead of Red Hat
currently and it is no stranger to the Linux Kernel either. If it cannot
get rid of the binary driver (remember your person stand on that?),
replace it with a free and open source one and get it merged upstream,
that's a damn shame.

When anyone asked me about what to look for, I always said, if your
system comes with a Intel chipset, you are fine. Now, I cannot say that
anymore and that is a disappointment.

Rahul