182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Fri May 8 08:59:19 UTC 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 21:15:30 Tom Lane wrote:
> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> > How is it we have 182 stable updates pending for F11 already?
>
> What do you expect, when the release freeze policy essentially forbids
> any noncritical updates for a month?  People don't stop working just
> because releng wants to simplify their own lives.
>
> The only reason there aren't 184 is I haven't bothered to try to
> push my pending updates for mysql and postgresql ... but they'll
> be in the zero-day update queue just like a lot of other things.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

I really agree with this. I think we need F11/updates and F11/updates-testing
soon after devel freeze. You get bugs reported for snapshots, previews,... but
fixing these bugs and especially delivering them to users is too much difficult
imho.

In my dreamworld we have rawhide -> F11, F11/updates, F11/updates-testing in a
few days after devel freeze. I think at least F11/updates-testing (without
F11/updates available before day or two ago F11 GA) would be really
appreciated by developers.

Regards,
Michal Hlavinka