182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri May 8 17:12:21 UTC 2009

On Fr Mai 8 2009, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 16:45 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > For new packages, it's surely better to have a new crap package than
> > no package at all.
>
> When a package claims to do something but is actually no good at it, it
> can cause real frustration to those who just want to use the computer
> and not develop for it.
>
> I would much rather the software that goes into a Fedora release be of
> release quality, starting from the time the package review is finished,
> or not be in it at all.
>
> Is it just me?

If some software has a unique feature that I need to use right now, then it is
always more frustating to have to create a rpm by myself than to just install
it with yum from Fedora. But in general it is always nicer to already have a
package, than to have to create on by myself, especially if I find the
software not useful enough after I tried it.

Regards
Till