Update -> b0rken eclipse

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sat May 9 22:25:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 15:00 -0700, darrell pfeifer wrote:

> http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Eclipse_gets_past_the_splash_screen_but_then_an_empty_window_appears_.2F_Eclipse_is_crashing_on_me_whenever_I_initiate_a_browser_component_such_as_hovering_over_Java_methods_for_javadoc_tooltips...

That sounds like it.

But meanwhile I tried using the Native version (which didn't work right
until recently), and after some pain (the Software Updates... feature
is just horrible!) I managed to get WTP (Web Tools Project installed)
and make it usable.

And after all this work, I get this email from you and decided to
try the old eclipse again to see if it is the bug mentioned in
the above link. And you know what -- the old eclipse that refused
to run is starting up again!

Go figure... Thanks Darrell!

P.S. Why isn't WTP packaged as an RPM? It is an important part of
Eclipse, and it is a real pain to install via the Software Updates
feature in Eclipse.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.