FESco meeting summary for 20090507

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon May 11 17:51:36 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 18:28 +0200, drago01 wrote:
>> The only reason people prefer to run i686 even on x86_64 is because
>> "apps do not work", which is nothing but a myth.

> It's not a myth, but it's now (only quite recently) mostly outdated.

True.

> Those were the major issues. OO.o and Java are fixed and Flash is mostly
> fixed, but wine is still valid.

Java is still a huge mess; there are any number of webapps that just
plain don't work in 64-bit.  (I'm not sure this is Java's fault per se,
but the fact remains that things don't work and the authors seem content
to tell you to install a 32-bit browser instead of fixing their broken
code...)

			regards, tom lane