FESco meeting summary for 20090507

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon May 11 19:59:08 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Björn Persson wrote:
> > http://www.dustin.se/productdetails.aspx?prodid=5010198913
>
> That one uses the Atom 330, which does support 64-bit (though there's at
> least one report of 2.6.27 kernels not working in 64-bit mode on it, you
> apparently need 2.6.29). The netbook Atoms don't, the desktop ones do.

Oh! I assumed that all Atoms were 32-bit. I *should* know by now that there is
no correlation between marketing names and hardware capabilities.

Then I give you instead this Mini-ITX board with a Geode LX 800 processor,
which is compatible with x86 but not x86_64:

http://www.alix-board.de/produkte/alix1d.html

Björn Persson