Fedora (Linux) is Destroying it self

Casey Dahlin cdahlin at redhat.com
Tue May 12 15:57:30 UTC 2009

Michael Nielsen wrote:
> So tell me where does one go to solve the issues that I've pointed out ?
>
> Feature proposals ? I'm not proposing features, I'm proposing that
> Linux, re-integrates itself, so that it stops forking every where,
> currently there is no less than 3-4 implementations of network
> management, none of which are compatible with one-another, and only one
> (the original), work in all cases.

Everything you want for networking is being worked on. NetworkManager will be the all-encompassing solution for networking in good time. Its already missing many of the flaws you accuse it of (you said elsewhere you've downgraded most of your boxes to F8, so you probably didn't notice).

Your other UI complaint is upstream GNOME's problem. Try KDE[1] or go upstream.

Your path complaints are just wrong. I'm not going to say anything else, other than please remember that there's someone out there who thinks that.

--CJD