koji breakage for F12 builds

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 17:50:59 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 14.05.2009, 02:26 +0900 schrieb Mamoru Tasaka:
> Christoph Wickert wrote, at 05/13/2009 08:15 PM +9:00:
> >
> > I think the problem is, that some packages  notification-deamon instead
> > of (virtual) desktop-notification-deamon:
> >
> > # repoquery --repoid rawhide --whatrequires notification-daemon
> > gnome-bluetooth-0:2.27.5-1.fc11.i586
> > notify-python-0:0.1.1-6.fc11.i586
> > notification-daemon-engine-nodoka-0:0.1.0-6.fc11.i586
> > system-config-printer-0:1.1.7-1.fc11.i586
> > ibus-0:1.1.0.20090423-1.fc11.i586
> >
> > I'm going to file bugs against these packages except
> > notification-daemon-engine-nodoka, because it only works with
> > notification-daemon.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christoph
>
> Well, this won't work for this issue, because:
> - With yum shorter name will win depsolving game, so "Requires:
>   desktop-notification-deamon" will always pull "xfce4-notify" in.

Why that? Seth pointed out that yum will only fall back to shorter name
when all other criteria fail, and one of them was that both packages
have exactly the same Provides:

> - On the other hand, with your idea yum resolver says libgnome
>   will install notification-daemon with the following chain:
>   libgnome -> fedora-gnome-theme -> notification-daemon-engine-nodoka
>   -> notification-daemon

Just like Spot in the rel-eng ticket I ask: Why does a lib *require*
fedora-gnome-theme? Just because it's the default theme
in /etc/gconf/schemas/desktop_gnome_interface.schemas?

> So when libnotify and libgnome are to be installed, for example,
> conflicts can never be solved...

Thanks for this explanation, but what am I supposed to do now? All I can
offer is to remove xfce4-notifyd for now, but this is only a workaround
and not a solution.

Regards,
Christoph