Fedora Community Pre-Beta Testing

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed May 13 20:32:28 UTC 2009

On Mi Mai 13 2009, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> So, without further ado and the above caveats, look at our pre-beta test
> instance:
>
> https://publictest16.fedoraproject.org/community/

I hope this is only misleading, but it looks to me that this test application
demands the original FAS username/password from testers, which are then sent
via an connection where the certificate cannot be easily verified by the
testers. Also it is a bad idea to use these very important credentials in an
application that may still have security flaws, because it is still in
development. Last but not least this is also a bad education for the users
that get used to provide their credentials to untrustworthy websites.

Regards
Till