Package Maintainers Flags policy

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 19 15:41:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 14:28 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 03:16:32PM +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
> > If you agree to the absurdity of the broad effects caused by the policy
> > you voted for, you need to resign from FeSCo immediately.

The policy said 'come to FESCo if you want an exception', but sets the
standard that we should avoid shipping flags where it's not necessary.

I think that's a perfectly acceptable and pragmatic solution.

> Please keep the conversation civil.

That was civil enough. He disagrees strongly with the decision which
FESCo took, and presumably wants _all_ of us who voted for this policy
to resign, rather than just myself. He stated that desire quite
politely, and I think he's perfectly entitled to do so.

As it happens, my seat and the seats of a few others who voted for this
policy are coming up for re-election soon anyway. So Denis gets his
wish :)

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation