Package Maintainers Flags policy

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Tue May 19 21:44:01 UTC 2009

On 05/19/2009 10:37 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Ewan Mac Mahon (ewan at macmahon.me.uk) said:
>> This sort of decision is always going to be a balance; on the one hand
>> there are clearly real costs to Fedora in having a blanket ban on flags,
>> and on the other we have (according to spot[1]) "no specific legal issue
>> at this time".
>
> They specifically stated that it may/will prevent Fedora from being
> available or acceptable in some countries. That's not insignificant.

That's a pretty vague sentence. Do we have something more specific to
work with, to justify this whole fiasco ? Have people complained ? Were
threats made ? Bugzilla tickets filed ? Did the PRC threaten to add
fedoraproject.org to the big firewall if we don't stop shipping FreeCIV
immediately (a CeasePackage-and-desist letter :-) ) ?