Package Maintainers Flags policy

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 20 07:11:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 16:18 +1000, Ding-Yi Chen wrote:

> Using flags in input methods along is not very informative.
> For example, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of Chinese IMs.
> How do you know which one should be associated with China flags?
> Should it be pinyin? wubi? cangjie3? cangjie5?
>
> It's a good thing that almost all input methods already have their own
> icons.

That's essentially irrelevant to this debate. All sorts of things are
bad design decisions (or bad coding decisions) but we don't implement a
blanket ban on them in Fedora and patch them all out...it's true that
flags are a bad idea for various things, but the appropriate place to
discuss that is in improvement reports to the upstream developers.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey