Youth Protection: Was Re: Package Maintainers Flags policy

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu May 21 19:04:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> * Use of Flags in Fedora has a history of causing controversy between
> groups (political, rather than legal)
> * Use of Flags in Fedora may prevent Fedora from being available in some
> areas (again, political rather than legal)

Only include flags in the Everything repo? Never on the install media?

Though it seems rather silly to me. Would we also not allow little flags
to show language preferences (eg french canadian vs american english)?

If one people's republic does not like the other people's republic flags,
they can re-spin their own?

Paul
ps. The really interesting question is: If a Fedora DVD image contains a
     US flag, can you still burn it? :)