I must be doing something seriously wrong...

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri May 22 18:43:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:

>> Fedora is already allowed to be used freely. If your country does not
>> allow you to use free software, that's a problem out of scope of Fedora.
>
> Given what Fedora does with respect to software patents in otherwise
> free software, I think you're wrong here. We *do* make that choice
> and related modifications all the time.

That was based on the laws in Fedora's country, the US.

>> The benefits takes away my freedoms of referencing a country my flag and
>> image that my own country recognises.
>
> I am not removing any choice from *you*. You are free to reference
> it as you see fit.

But your crippling my tools.

>> /usr/lib64/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/template/wizard/bitmap/taiwan.gif
>> /usr/share/texmf/omega/otp/otibet/tibadjusttsheg.otp
>> /usr/lib64/pango/1.6.0/modules/pango-tibetan-fc.so
>>
>> Today flags. tomorrow geography? Next week a language? Next year a culture?
>
> 1) The first is a picture of an island, it has no official designation

In that sense, a flag is just "a mixture of colours", it has no official designation.

> Only the zealots deal in absolutes.

Funny how you did not comment to the part on DNSSEC keys of the Taiwan situation,
the one that actualy refers to me as a maintainer of dnssec-conf, and which
could be a real life scenario that goes beyond pictures of flags.

Paul