I must be doing something seriously wrong...

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri May 22 20:31:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:

>>> 1) The first is a picture of an island, it has no official designation
>>
>> In that sense, a flag is just "a mixture of colours", it has no official designation.
>
> If you're arguing that level of semantics, I'm not sure why we're bothering
> to continue to have discussions.

I am just refuting your arguments by using the same (imho flawed) reasoning. My
point was that if you don't like my way of reasoning, you should not do it for
your own arguments either.

>> Funny how you did not comment to the part on DNSSEC keys of the Taiwan situation,
>> the one that actualy refers to me as a maintainer of dnssec-conf, and which
>> could be a real life scenario that goes beyond pictures of flags.
>
> As I said - it's a matter of trade-offs. I doubt that one would
> be worth it.

I am still not sure what you say here. "worth excluding their key" or "worth
excluding from the no-taiwan/flags policy"?

If the first, who is Fedora to overrule ICANN/IANA?

Paul