gnaughty is a hot babe

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Fri May 29 16:20:50 UTC 2009

On 05/29/2009 04:34 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Dennis J. (dennisml at conversis.de) said:
>>> I wrote a proposal
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InappropriateContents
>>
>> I don't think you can just flag Packages as inappropriate because
>> everyone has his own definition for that term. If you really want to make
>> this work you'll have to create specific classifications like "nudity" or
>> "violence" so people can make informed decisions. People might be ok with
>> violent content but not nudity. When I see a Package marked only as
>> "inappropriate" that doesn't help me to tell whether *I* would find that
>> inappropriate or not.
>
> At which point, you need some sort of review board, where then every
> package gets something like:
>
> - TuxPaint is rated E for Everyone
> - quake3 is rated T for violent content
> - tcl is rated M for inappropriate language
>
> I'm going to go out on a limb and claim we don't have the resources to
> coherently do this.

I don't see why we would need a review board. Just add a guideline asking
packagers to tag their packages if they think the contents could be
inappropriate out of courtesy toward their fellow community members.

If some packagers don't give a damn then that's fine and not a lot can be
done about that but why not give the community the tools to self regulate?

Just because there is a general guideline does not mean there has to be
enforcement through an iron-fisted review board.

Regards,
   Dennis