Wodim trouble

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Nov 2 14:19:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 15:59:07 +0530,
  Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've filed a bug[1] against wodim not burning dvds correctly. While
> browsing through another bug[2] on wodim, I came across this comment[3].
>
> "wodim is completely unmaintained since May 6th 2007, don't
> expect to see any fixes anytime soon as long as Redhat
> continues to distribute wodim instead of the original software."
>
> Can someone please clear this up?

While that might be an exageration, I still wouldn't hold my breath waiting
for fixes from the wodim guys.

On the other hand trying to build Jörg's stuff isn't easy on Fedora. And
might not even work as he likes to use a interface that was depreciated
a while back for talking to the cd/dvd drives.

Jörg seems to be watching for bug reports related to wodim and comments
on them whenever someone new adds something.

The whole situation is unfortunate as Jörg seems to have a good knowledge
of the hardware and I think support (especially for older hardware) would
be better if he worked with wodim cooperatively.