conflict between seedit <-> selinux-policy and qstat <-> torque-client

Steve Traylen steve.traylen at cern.ch
Wed Nov 4 15:40:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/4 Steve Traylen <steve.traylen at cern.ch>:

>> Yes a qstat-slurm with qstat as alternative across them.
>> Good news.
>
> but then the alternatives qstat  conflicts with /usr/bin/qstat from
> the qstat rpm package, doesent it?

The torque  spec is creating correctly /usr/bin/qstat as a symlink
via alternatives mechanism (reading the .spec only, have not checked).

The qstat pkg should do the same. Currently while the qstat
pkg is creating a file at /usr/bin/qstat then it is conflicting in
the RPM sense. Once qstat pkg uses alternatives as well
it will no longer conflict.

Two packages that contain alternatives for a single file
don't conflct in the RPM sense. You can install both pkgs
and then select one to be the real /usr/bin/qstat via
the alternatives mechanism.
Hope that makes sense.

Steve

> kind regards,
> Rudolf Kastl
>

>>> that means that the conflict tags in the qemu and the torque-clients
>>> package are invalid.
>>>
>>> thanks for checking jason!
>>>
>>> kind regards,
>>> Rudolf Kastl