conflict between seedit <-> selinux-policy and qstat <-> torque-client

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 15:43:51 UTC 2009

2009/11/4 Steve Traylen <steve.traylen at cern.ch>:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Rudolf Kastl <che666 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes a qstat-slurm with qstat as alternative across them.
>>> Good news.
>>
>> but then the alternatives qstat  conflicts with /usr/bin/qstat from
>> the qstat rpm package, doesent it?
>
> The torque  spec is creating correctly /usr/bin/qstat as a symlink
> via alternatives mechanism (reading the .spec only, have not checked).
>
> The qstat pkg should do the same. Currently while the qstat
> pkg is creating a file at /usr/bin/qstat then it is conflicting in
> the RPM sense. Once qstat pkg uses alternatives as well
> it will no longer conflict.
>
> Two packages that contain alternatives for a single file
> don't conflct in the RPM sense. You can install both pkgs
> and then select one to be the real /usr/bin/qstat via
> the alternatives mechanism.
> Hope that makes sense.

it does with one exception... the qstat rpm is basically "quake stat".
so it does something completly different than the qstat of torque or
gridengine and hmm the real resolution would maybe be to rename the
binary of the qstat package then.

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl

p.s. thanks everyone for the replies and the effort done already.