Fedora Moblin remix

Guido Grazioli guido.grazioli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:56:50 UTC 2009

2009/11/5 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> For those interested there's a new test LiveCD of Fedora Moblin remix
> [1] for those that are interesting in playing. It would be nice to
> have some feedback on good or bad issues with it. There's been almost
> 1300 downloads since I announced the last one but I've had no feedback
> what so ever and while I'd like to assume that's because its perfect I
> doubt that is the case.

* I booted it for the first time some minutes ago on an Asus eeepc 900
(no atom, just a celeron). I actually never installed "vanilla" moblin
because in their site atom is a requirement.

* Boot is somewhat slow but it could depend on my crappy usb key, or
because netbooks are crap themselves; after
gdm login, the graphics go unexpectedly *FAST* and *SMOOTH* !

* Just before graphical boot screen, for some seconds i can see:
--
render error detected, EIR: 0x00000010
page table error
render error detected, EIR: 0x00000010
page table error
  PGTBL_ER: 0x00000100
--
however, everything seems to run just right after that.

* Where's wifi configuration? isn't there a graphical tool
to configure it? asking my gf to get it up on a shell is a no-no.

* I mounted a touchscreen in my eeepc, and moblin gui looks
much more friendly to that interface. However i couldnt install
the manufacturer software (eGalax), because i think
an autoloaded module interferes with it (generic-usb?).
On F11 nothing get autoloaded and touchscreen works fine.
I need some more testing to figure this out.

Kudos to you: that's a *very* promising work!
guido

--
Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>
Via Parri 11 48011 - Alfonsine (RA)