GRUB2 In Fedora

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 05:12:18 UTC 2009

Thanks a lot, every helper.

I am just so surprising that why grub2 in Fedora is 1.98 however the
official version is 1.97. In fact grub2 in Fedora is older that official
release. Why not follow the official release version? Does Fedora hope that
grub2 replaces grub when GNU release grub2-1.98?

I think that grub2 is too complicated for users especially for newbies. Boot
loader should be more tiny, just like grub. And Fedora offer a beautiful
background for grub. But grub2 has modular design. It looks like that it is
easier to add new features and add new filesystem support, such as btrfs
support.