Fedora Moblin remix

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 13:41:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 18:01 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For those interested there's a new test LiveCD of Fedora Moblin remix
>> [1] for those that are interesting in playing. It would be nice to
>> have some feedback on good or bad issues with it. There's been almost
>> 1300 downloads since I announced the last one but I've had no feedback
>> what so ever and while I'd like to assume that's because its perfect I
>> doubt that is the case.
>
> I couldn't boot it using EFI on a Macbook Air, from a USB key because of
> a bootx64.efi error.
>
> Which version of syslinux did you use to generate the ISO?

The current one in F-12/rawhide. I've only become aware of the EFI
support (via Luke's blog post about the new livecd-creator tool) so
its on my list to investigate shortly. Is there anything special that
needs to be done or should it just work? If there is something that
needs to be done can someone point me to what that is.

> The same hardware, generating the same USB key worked (kinda[1]) with
> the F12 beta live image.

Unfortunately the only EFI based device I have to test this with is a
O2 joggler and I have no idea what version of EFI it has, just that
its a 32 bit Atom based system that I want took look at closer for
hacking when I get some spare cycles.

> Cheers
>
> [1]: Got this error on boot (this a first gen MBA, with Intel gfx), will
> test with the F12 RC when it's available:
> [drm:drm_mode_rmfb] *ERROR* tried to remove a fb that we didn't own

Cheers,
Peter