A question about allow_unconfined_mmap_low in f11 amd selinux

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:59:59 UTC 2009

Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh <at> redhat.com> writes:

> > definitely still getting the error with any Wine application with
> > mmap_low_allowed set to 0.
> >
> > selinux-policy-3.6.32-41.fc12.noarch
> >
> The name has changed between RHEL5 - allow_unconfined_mmap_low
> and F12 - mmap_low_allowed
>
> The meaning has also changed
>
> in RHEL5
>
> unconfined domains are allowed to mmap_low if the boolean is set.  vbetool
> and wine are allowed whether or
> not the boolean is set.
>
> In F12
> No domains are allowed to mmap_low unless the boolean is set.   If it is
> set wine, vbetool and unconfined
> domains are allowed to mmap_zero.
>
> One of you is running wine in RHEL5 which is allowed to mmap_zero without
> the boolean.  We changed this in F12
> so that wine will break without the boolean set.

Thank you for that clarification Dan.

By the way I entered a private ticket at the Crossover site (hence not
publicly visible), and have been told that their devs are currently
already looking at this issue to try to see if the problem can be
worked around in a new version of Crossover, which will presumably
also be made available to newer versions of wine if a solution can be found.