Identifying remaining core font users

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Nov 11 12:54:34 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 11 novembre 2009 à 13:50 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :
> Le mercredi 11 novembre 2009 à 13:41 +0100, Hans de Goede a écrit :
>
> > It would help tremendously to know how you generated this list of files /
> > packages which allegedly use Core Fonts, there are quite a few packages of
> > mine there, but in many cases I have no idea as to why they are here.
>
> Sure, sorry about this, I didn't want to make the message longer than it
> already was. All credit for the receipe goes to ajax, it mostly does :
>
> repoquery --whatrequires 'libX11.so*
>> download, unpack
>> find elf files
>> nm -aDu "$file" | grep -q '\<X.*Font' && failed the test
>
> Complete code with history in git repo-font-audit
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fontpackages.git?p=fontpackages.git;a=tree;f=bin
> (I now it's fugly but it woks)

Of course suggestions to improve this are welcome, and I need to ping
indirect core font users too ie everyone that uses gtk1, etc

Also we have some packages that use font files without passing through
the core font system or fontconfig, I need to find a good heuristic to
detect those too.

--
Nicolas Mailhot