Identifying remaining core font users

Avery, David [DENTK] David.Avery at united.com
Wed Nov 11 17:00:45 UTC 2009

I have a bigger problem with this, I use fedora boxes to talk to older
devices (solaris 2.6 and M88KV4 unix machines) that can never be
upgraded to newer X clients. Since the fedora ( or any xorg) servers are
talking to "classic" X11 clients dropping support for core fonts is a
huge issue.

The clients are running on the host computers for flight simulators. The
clients are built on 3rd party libraries that date from the early 90s.
As the existing Xterms (Tek/NCD ) fail we are replacing them with newer
linux based thin clients, but we still need "classic" X11 font support.
The programming support is done on solaris and linux boxes the need to
display the same layouts as the xterms

dave