Identifying remaining core font users

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Nov 12 19:55:36 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 20:34 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :

> However please note that even though using xft is less bad than using
> core fonts, xft alone is still not a complete text stack.

(I should have written, using xft directly. xft2 uses fontconfig but
direct xft2 access bypasses the shaper layer. The shaper is needed for
the complex glyph positioning required by some asian languages, and for
the typographic features integrated in smart fonts, including latin
ones)

--
Nicolas Mailhot