Fedora 12 has gone gold

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 18:57:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 10:44 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Let's say all of these things next time and be clear about what our next
> steps are. I will try to help with that.  Re-reading the meeting log,
> none of the things announced about "going GOLD" were said at the
> meeting.  The "Go/No-Go" meetings for Alpha and Beta were handled
> differently in that we kept optimistically testing after them vs. saying
> we were "GO" and abruptly moving on to other things.
>
> That was the disconnect for me.

AFAIK QA always keeps testing things, because there are still bugs to be
found, and things to document for the release, or things to update for
0-day.  The whole point of having a go/no-go decision is that it is the
point where we say we are going without stopping, or we're stopping
until we fix some things and we can go again.  It's a point in which we
tell those that depend on us that we are go, that nothing can stop us.
I had mistakenly assumed everybody knew that's what a go/no-go was.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!