rpmlint warnings...

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Sun Nov 15 20:59:57 UTC 2009

Hello,
  So I recently posted my first package and the review. While I waited I started cleaning up more issues I found after I realized you could run rpmlint on the actual rpm and not just the spec file. I'd like the review to go as quickly as possible so I'm just trying to get all those warnings cleaned up.

  My package has a number of sub packages for various backend drivers. These subpackages basically contain a .so file for the most part however I'm getting rpmlint messages as follows

libdspam.x86_64: W: devel-file-in-non-devel-package /usr/lib64/libdspam.so

how is libdspam.so determined to be a devel file?

libdspam.so.7.0.0: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped

Is what I get back from file. What is it that I'm missing?

Thanks,