Name of the 'chess' package

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Nov 16 18:36:02 UTC 2009

We currently have a 3d chess game packaged as chess. I want to ask for
fedora hosted space for it sop that we can be upstream for some modernization
(with regard to ogre and gcc) changes. However it strikes me that the package
name probably shouldn't have been 'chess' as that is a generic name. Before
officially asking for fedora hosted space I wanted to see if there is
sentiment to making some name change for F13+ and fedora hosted. Possibilities
would be 3dchess (possibly still too generic), ogrechess (possibly misleading,
as people might think it had ogres for pieces), chess-ogre or ?