F12-Beta-i686-Live has some bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 03:27:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 02:53 +0000, Ikem Krueger wrote:
> I booted from cd and I was left with a black screen. When I switched
> to a console, I got:
>
> render error detected, EIR: 0x00000010
> [drm:i915_handle_error] *ERROR* EIR stuck: 0x00000010, masking
>
> I guess the kernel is guessing my graphiccard wrong. Usually I use
> "i810" or "intel" in Xorg.

You're guessing wrong. i915 is the kernel module used for all Intel
graphics adapters. It goes together with the intel X.org driver.

> Workaround is to boot with "nomodeset". (That isn't even working with
> the LXDE Spin. :S)

Which is a fine indication that it's not a wrong driver, isn't it? :)

> When I boot without "rhgb", I got several times:
>
> WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
> belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
>
> And at the end:
>
> plymouthd: ply-event-loop.c:729: ply_event_loop_stop_watching_fd:
> Assertion 'watch != ((void *)0)' failed.

Neither of these have anything to do with your problem, most likely.

Please file a bug against xorg-x11-drv-intel , including all info
described here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Xorg_problems

--
Adam Williamson