Issue with F13 dracut/kernel/selinux

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 17 09:12:26 UTC 2009

I just went to rawhide over the last day and am not able to boot into
kernel 2.6.32-0.48.rc7.git1.fc13 unless selinux is disabled. (permissive
isn't good enough). I can boot into my old kernel 2.6.31.5-127.fc12 which
had a dracut generated image from before the upgrade. The error occurs
when udev is trying to unlock my nonroot partitions. I get an error
message refering to filesetcon not working on a /dev/mapper file. I get
asked for passwords again (since all of the file systems have the same
luks password I normally don't have to do this) and the correct password
doesn't work. If I boot with selinux=0, the system boots with the
2.6.32-0.48.rc7.git1.fc13 kernel (but then I have to relabel the next
time I boot without that option).
I am using selinux-policy-targeted-3.6.33-1.fc13.