ilbsndfile update!

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 20:15:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> After getting okays from a few folks I decided to fix the long
>> standing libsndfile bugs.
>>
>> One of these was a request [1] to split the utilities that come with
>> libsndfile into a utils subpackage. I did this only for F-13.
>>
>> Since libsndfile is used by so many other software, it is impractical
>> for me to check all of these software to see if any of them depends on
>> these command line utilities. If you have a package that depends on
>> libsndfile, it would be good to check whether it uses these utilities.
>> Then you'll need to require libsndfile-utils directly. If your package
>> just needs the library there is nothing to worry about. Again, the
>> utils split is only made in F-13.
>>
>> Other than that, libsndfile is updated to 1.0.20 in F-10+. Also, now
>> it has the libvorbis support enabled.
>
> Any chance of getting the jack-audio-connection-kit dependency split
> out into a sub package?

I think that the jack dependency comes from one of the command line
utilities of libsndfile which are now separated into the
libsndfile-tools package.

Note that here "now" means F-13+. I didn't want to make the split on
F-12 and before as it might break potential direct dependencies on
these utilities. This will give packagers a full release cycle to find
regressions if there are any. Or am I too paranoid?

Orcan