Local users get to play root?

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Thu Nov 19 10:52:42 UTC 2009

> Repeating the same thing over and over again is annoying as well. It's
> just noise instead of useful input.

Look, a person expressed an opinion about this screw up on LWN that I
find very reasonable. So, I sent my agreement with it to the list, thus
indicating that "yes, I agree". And also indicating that another user
and small time developer of Fedora is against this idiotic default. Thus
trying to convince people in charge that it was a bad idea.

The response was in reply to you because you asked why do people find
this behaviour to be a problem. It is a mailing list - you can expect
others to reply to your post.

I'm not sure what is not clear about this to you. We don't have +1/-1
system on this list, but at least we can voice our opinion, thus
attempting to indicate what the majority of people think about an
important issue.

On the other hand, you don't seem to want people talking in bug reports
and you don't want them talking on mailing lists.

PS. If you just read my original post and never replied to it, there
would have been a lot less spam on the list already. And both of our
opinions would have been recorded for everyone to read.

--
Bojan