Security policy oversight needed?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Nov 20 00:50:57 UTC 2009

Simo Sorce wrote:
> If you are using 2 different policies to do the same thing you are doing
> something very wrong, you should use the same exact policy both for KDE
> and GNOME and any other program that allows any non-root-user to change
> the time on the computer.

Well, that's an upstream issue, really. And perhaps more importantly, KDE
uses PolicyKit policies autogenerated from "KAuth actions", so I don't know
how feasible it is to make it use a policy defined by something different
instead. KAuth is designed to hide the details of PolicyKit from developers
(in fact, there is even a Mac backend using OS X's
authentication&authorization framework instead).

        Kevin Kofler