Promoting i386 version over x86_64?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 20 05:54:56 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 11:20 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> "Users of the Fedora Moblin Spin would have a much better user
>> experience on their NetBook, NetTop and other small devices"
> That's what the marketing department wants it to be.

Meh. You said the target of the spin is not netbooks but it clearly is.

> Reality speaks a different language:
> * People are using their everyday desktop even on low end machines and
> do not want to fiddle around with "custom netbooks desktops".
> * People consider their low end machine's performance sufficient for
> such use-cases.

I am not sure why I should accept your version of reality over any
other. Any references to back up your claims?

> The essentially the same rationale/reason why netbooks/nettops with
> WinXP have been a huge success and why netbooks with "custom desktops"
> were a failure.

Actually, netbooks represent one of the highest market shares for Linux
on the client side and nany of them are running custom desktops

Rahul