brp-python-bytecompile

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:53:47 UTC 2009

I'm looking into the build failures Matt identified.  With my shiny
new Rawhide VM, I'm seeing this output on a local build of a package
with no python sources:

[ ... successful build messages ...]
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-python-bytecompile
Bytecompiling .py files below [BUILDROOT]/usr/lib*/python*/ using
/usr/bin/python*
Usage: /usr/bin/python-config
[--prefix|--exec-prefix|--includes|--libs|--cflags|--ldflags|--help]
Usage: /usr/bin/python-config
[--prefix|--exec-prefix|--includes|--libs|--cflags|--ldflags|--help]
+ /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-python-hardlink
[ ... successful build messages ...]

The rpm build is completing, so I'm not worried about this particular
package.  Is this going to cause problems with packages that do have
python sources, or is this just because nothing matches
/usr/lib*/python*/ in the build root?  It looks like python_binary =
/usr/bin/python*, which can match any of these:

/usr/bin/python
/usr/bin/python-config
/usr/bin/python2
/usr/bin/python2.6