PackageKit policy: background and plans

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Nov 21 04:52:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 21:28 -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 09:19 PM, James Morris wrote:
> > Are we moving toward a model where the user and the administrator are no
> > longer really separated?  Things seem to be regressing according to
> > whatever use-case some desktop developer thinks is important at the time.
>
> Agreed.  Speaking even more generally, it seems we have abandoned the
> "default to secure" principle.

just keep echoing back and forth like that and you'll be firmly
convinced the world is ending tomorrow.

the thesis seems quite comprehensively destroyed by, uh, the fact that
we changed the policy. if no-one cared about the default to secure
principle, why would we have changed anything?

please don't extrapolate to absurdity, here.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey