[RFA] Your gnu-free-fonts package did not pass QA

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 23 19:00:49 UTC 2009

Le lundi 23 novembre 2009 à 11:06 -0600, Jon Ciesla a écrit :

> I understand some of the others, but, Nicholas, did we not just finish
> converting this from freefont to gnu-free-fonts and bringing it into
> compliance with the guidelines in time for F-11?

Well, in fact the test 5 you listed here is a direct consequence of not
splitting biolinum in a sub-package as demanded by last year's
guidelines.

The rest is mostly stuff that needs relaying upstream (because most long
font creators do not have the resources to detect those problems
themselves, for example a lot of them do not run Linux at all so if
their font does not play well with fontconfig they'll only find it out
if their friendly Fedora packager tells them so)

It is even clearly marked in the message this is stuff that needs
upstream handling.

--
Nicolas Mailhot