abrt and bugzilla

Jan Klepek jan.klepek at brandforge.sk
Tue Nov 24 18:42:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 17:13 +0100, Roman Rakus wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 01:06 PM, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > 1-4 are more RFEs for bugzilla, but I'll try to elaborate here and
> > start some discussion:
> >> 1. Can Fedora enable anonymous/unauthenticated bug submission.
> >
> > We're thinking about this, but it can be flood the BZ, so the solution
> > might be, that anonymous reports won't go directly to BZ. We can ge
> > some ideas from kerneloops.org.
> What about to use user abrt as a reporter? Which will be set by default
> and would be able to change. This user abrt will have some limited
> privileges in bugzilla (just only to report bugs for example).
> <snip>
> RR

What if package maintainer would need to followup on the issue?
Last bug reported from abrt for subdownloader package was useless, there
was not enough info that I could reproduce issue and I'm waiting if
reporter will give me more info.
With anonymous reports, I will not get info which I will need.

Jan