[RFC] unified i386/x86_64 install media.

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Nov 25 03:29:52 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 November 2009 07:31:47 pm Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 06:17:08PM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > the goal for F-13 is to have unified media, for F-14 and beyond we could
> > look at other options like having a 64 bit kernel and 32 bit userland. i
> > should have stated that a bit more clearly
>
> So would this mean one disk with two "repositories" on it, or is everything
> mashed together all in one repository?

To be worked out.  we could drop multilib repos and use two on each x86_64
system, we could have a single mixed repo,  or we could use what we use today
and do some hardlinking.  what we do on the dvd media need not be the same as
what we do on the trees on the mirrors. i.e. the mirrors could be the same as
today, but we have one repo on the media.

Dennis