crazy Xrandr/XOrg automatic display configuration.

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:13:00 UTC 2009

> Oh, I misunderstood. Yeah, it should remember the previous configuration
> you had with this combination of outputs. This information is stored in
> ~/.config/monitors.xml.

Right.  I guess what I'm saying is...it doesn't seem to.

The very first time I booted my laptop with this (800x600) projector,
it defaulted to clone mode in session.

I left the room and restarted my laptop.  When I returned, plugging
the monitor in live resulted in an extended desktop (very cool).

I then restarted my laptop and let it boot fresh with the monitor
plugged in.  The desktop session started in clone mode again.

I have a completely-different-in-every-way giant widescreen monitor at
home, so I don't think Display Settings is mixing up the external
display configurations.