Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Thu Nov 26 17:09:14 UTC 2009

On 11/26/2009 04:34 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 04:08:27PM +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>> As you obviously know tracking down and reporting bugs like these do take
>> a lot of time and effort, quite often more than actually fixing them. At
>> the moment
>> with the frequency of Fedora releases and the lack of a push to testing
>> and stability on this front I am not enthused, at the moment, with doing
>> this and I suspect many others feel the same.
>
> I'm confused.  You want Fedora to skip a release to focus on testing
> and fixing, and you have no plans to help and aren't enthusiastic
> about actually participating in the testing and fixing?
>
> josh

I really want to help and get a stable release and present bug reports and
even fix them if I can. But, the current short term release schedule, and no
focus on testing and fixing graphics issues, does not inspire me with confidence
that a stable usable release will emerge. This makes it difficult
for me to justify the effort. Convince me :)