Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Nov 27 19:42:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 08:12:05 +1000,
  Dave Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> wrote:

> Why do you think 3D should be working in 2009 as opposed to any previous
> years btw? I'm interested in the logic that leads to this point.

I think one thing that is changing expectations is ATI providing documentation
again. I was expecting significant improvements for F12, but near the end I had
mostly given up on them. Then between the beta and the release some updates
fixed some issues for me and in the end things are pretty much what I
expected for radeon support.

The nouveau guys actually did better than I expected since they aren't
getting any help from nVidia.