Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 27 20:51:40 UTC 2009

On 2009/11/27 21:21 (GMT+0100) drago01 composed:

> Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:52:25 -0500 Felix Miata composed:

>> On 2009/11/27 10:28 (GMT+0100) drago01 composed:

>>> 3D shouldn't be considered as "nice to have" but an essential feature
>>> that should be working.

>> You can't be serious. 3D is an illusion. A computer display screen only
>> provides two dimensions. 3D is bling that I have 0 use for.

> The fact that you don't need it does not make my statement invalid.
> And 3D is way more than useless "bling".

What makes your statement invalid is your use of the word "essential". Bling
and essential are mutually exclusive characteristics WRT to normal desktop
users. I didn't use the word "useless". And yes, 3D is way more - way more
overhead, way more imposition on older hardware. 3D cannot be essential to
users of older hardware, since it turns their hardware into unresponsive mush.
--
The husband should fulfill his marital duty to
his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/