root's ssh-agent $SSH_AUTH_SOCK

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Nov 28 02:04:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:10:20AM +0000, Martin Airs wrote:
> I've setup an authorized key for a server I regularly use, but when I tried
> to run ssh-add as root, it wouldn't work until I had copied the
> SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment variable from my normal user.

Wait, back up a second. Well, two seconds. First of all, off-topic on the
devel list -- this should be moved to the regular fedora list. (Please
direct replies there.) Second, why do you wnt to do this as the root user
directly? There's probably a better way to accomplish what you want to do in
the first place.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Senior Systems Architect