F12: NetworkManager-Firefox: Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 08:35:01 UTC 2009

2009/11/28 Terry Barnaby wrote:
> If the NetworkManager service is running, but not managing the current
> network connection, then Firefox starts up in offline mode.
>
> Is this a bug in NetworkManager or Firefox ?

This is odd behaviour and needs to be fixed. I would suggest open up a
bug against firefox. I know one can change
toolkit.networkmanager.disable preference, but it is a PITA for our
users. One of use cases is: Sometime network manager does not connect
me via my CDMA usb modem (in case signal is weak), but wvdial does and
once I switch from NM to wvdial, my firefox gets to offline mode,
which I don't expect it to as I am connected.

--
Rakesh Pandit
https://fedoraproject.org/