Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:24:26 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> Rudolf Kastl writes:
>> intel (i965) works fine...
>
> You are lucky. Major regressions there in F-12. On my hardware, this used to
> work when nomodeset was passed to kernel. Now, it doesn't any more. With KMS, on
> the other hand, hibernate/thaw or suspend/resume causes the whole system to go
> berserk after a few cycles. So, I'm back to metacity and 2D. Bugs filed, of
> course, etc.

I've got a i965, and while I admit that it's still a little rough, it
works mostly fine, with KMS and 3D doing fine.  Compiz and GNOME Shell
are pretty functional, and suspend and hibernate are nearly flawless
(or at least as flawless is on Linux).

The only real problem is a conflict with rendering in Qt-demo, but...alas.