Fedora Release Engineering meeting summary for 2009-11-30

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 22:24:39 UTC 2009

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-11-30/fedora-releng.2009-11-30-18.00.html

Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-11-30/fedora-releng.2009-11-30-18.00.txt

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-11-30/fedora-releng.2009-11-30-18.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll Call  (Oxf13, 18:00:55)

* Fedora 13 Schedule  (Oxf13, 18:03:24)
  *

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2009-November/msg00159.html
    (poelcat, 18:12:40)
  * oxf13 has forwarded John's mail to mirror-list for discussion
    (Oxf13, 18:29:22)
  * LINK:

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13-draft/f-13-two-more.html
    (poelcat, 18:53:02)
  * IDEA: Extend development time by 2 weeks in order to push our
    schedule 2 weeks later and avoid Ubuntu release conflicts for both
    our release and our staging.  (Oxf13, 18:53:34)
  * AGREED: schedule will be moved 2 weeks later by adding 2 weeks to
    development time in order to clear conflicts with ubuntu release.
    (Oxf13, 19:06:51)

* LXDE respin  (Oxf13, 19:07:00)
  * New information regarding LXDE update, seems only a .ks change is
    required to fix the original issue.  THe updated package is for a
    separate and non-fatal issue.  (Oxf13, 19:20:59)
  * IDEA: Given new information, I propose the FESCo ticket gets updated
    and another vote happens at the FESCo level as to ship just the .ks
    change or include the questionable security update.  (Oxf13,
    19:21:53)
  * AGREED: LXDE respin decision kicked back up to FESCo in light of new
    information.  (Oxf13, 19:29:12)

* Updates  (Oxf13, 19:29:18)

* open floor  (Oxf13, 19:40:29)

Meeting ended at 19:45:31 UTC.