Dragonfly Mail Agent

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 07:12:10 UTC 2009

2009/9/1 Christoph Höger <choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de>:
> Am Dienstag, den 01.09.2009, 18:48 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Underwood:
>> 2009/8/31 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
>> > We already have ssmtp, esmtp.  Is this something different?
>>
>> I don't think they have local mail delivery capability, though that is
>> being worked on for esmtp.
>
> Does dma have a local queue? Can I sendmail emails when I am offline?

It has a queue, yes. It does not listen on port 25, so it cannot
receive mail from a remote system, and it currently does not handle
.forward files (though this one is on the TODO).

I asked and there is no official reply yet, but since certain other
Dragonfly developments, such as the HAMMER filesystem, are hoped to
eventually be ported to other systems, we might get a separate dma
submodule at some point.

There is an existing Linux port maintained by an Arch Linux developer,
but it's more than one year old, and upstream is not entirely happy
with the changes made. The current code base appears highly portable
-- I needed to introduce 2 macro definitions (__DECONST, and
getprogname()) and adjust for time structure differences.

I'll focus on getting it packaged and do some light testing, and then
I'll put it up for more general testing. Should be in the next day or
two.

Cheers,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim